Sunday, October 19, 2008

When in Rome

so last blog, i was wicked tired. Seriously about 6 hours in three days of sleep. I came to rome and walked from the bus terminal (after the airport), the hostel i wanted to stay in didnt have any rooms, but the hotel across the street owned by the same people did. i met a mate from australia who also needed a room, we shared a hotel room, i slept for 8 hours midday, then woke up, had dinner, then went back to bed again. I needed the sleep. The next day during breakfast in the hostel i met some californians, went about the day with them taking a bus tour of rome and learning about the most important things, driving by the Pantheon and the Colesseum. very good stuff. tommorrow i will go to either the vatican or the colleseum.

This morning at breakfast i met some great, truly great, irish, a lass named Lee and a mate name Sam. IM going to hang with Sam the next few days as he is truly a good man. Lee just went home today to see her family.

Ive said it before and ill say it again. I think this trip is the best thing ive ever done with my life. Now that i am a graduate from uni, i dont know what to do, but i have several ideas. The best of which is coming back over here and teaching english. If not, just working in a hostel or some sort. the main thing is ive learned so so so much and i absolutely love it.

Sorry for no pictures lately, esp the ones from london, trying to get those up asap. but having too much fun living life here in Rome. Keep in mind... when in rome.

I will be here for another week, then to prague if i can find a cheap train ticket, then to brussels to finish my trip. I miss my belgian friends so much, they were probably the best part of my trip, which keep in mind, has had many many great parts. But they made me feel the most at home and most loved.

I cannot wait to come back and inform you all of the good fun, but cannot wait till i pack my bags again to come back and get a decent job over here!!

I miss and love you all.

will see you in about a month.

cheers!

Jeff

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I need a little computer help. Well, it's not for me; it's for a friend of mine. He is having problems downloading pictures. You see, this friend is on a trip somewhere in Europe (we don't know for sure 'cause he seldom writes. He has this awesome camera with a lot of pictures on it but must not know how to download them so his friends and family can see what he's been up to. This seems odd since he has already sent a bunch of picturs from Ireland, France, and Belgium. Maybe he just forgot how. If you can help me out here, I would appreciat it.

Hope all is going well. Tell the Pope "hi" from us.
Later.
Dad

Anonymous said...

don't forget you better speak italian when you come back to belgium!!!!

we are waiting for you...

love love love

belgians

Anonymous said...

Nice picture...I'm not sure which way it looks better, turning my monitor on it's side or laying down on the couch. Either way, it has given me the inspiration to push on for another day!

Now listen, don't make me come over and straighten you out! ;-)

See ya!
Dad

PS - One lousy picture? You turned more homework in than that!

Anonymous said...

Hi there!
As you can tell - dad is really missing the bantering you two used to do! Not sure if that is inspiration to come home or stay longer!!
I'm sure you've heard by now - Strombergers have another wedding next summer! Aaron popped the question and believe it or not - she said yes!! July 8!!
Love ya bud,

Mom