Sunday, November 30, 2008

Back home, a journey's end?

So im back now. no worse for the wear i suppose. I miss all of the amazing people i met along the way and cannot wait to be able to meet up with them somewhere in the world sometime soon.

Being back is still a bit surreal to me. I am sitting in the Pub on campus just using the internet here at high speed, and as people walk by its still a little weird to hear their american accents. not changing, no different from one person to the next. Im sad but a little grateful that my irish twang has left me as much as it did. i still picked up a lot of irish and australian inflections and words like heaps and ages. and some foreign sayings like 'ca va?'.

It has been great being back the two weeks i have been back though. Seeing all my friends again and being able to drive to places and actually knowing where things are and how they work. My travels have given me a greater appreciating for everything that is here. That is not to say that it is the best place in the world, merely different, there are so many different things that i have experienced and so many more things i want to.

Right now i am living in the apartment/shop that is near my parents house in Sprague, just applied to Best Buy for a job as a Geek Squad and hope that i get some sort of tech job anyway. Still one college class away from becoming a actual grad, a class i plan to take online in January.

In the long term i do not know yet what i want to do. Peace Corps still looks appealing though in my travels i found out that there are other volunteer organizations that i would like to do a bit more research on.

One thing that i can say is that i am very content with the world. I feel as though i am heading somewhere good in the world, that i am now better able to make a difference and have gained useful tools in this quest.

im ready to keep exploring.

No comments: