Sunday, September 21, 2008

soccer hooligans!

Last night i ran into some soccer players, apparently tomorrow is their equivalent of superbowl sunday today so the streets are packed with people. its so awesome. I went out with the team and had some beer in the crowded Pub district. They said i have a good irish accent when i try.

The girl at the hostel i stayed in 2 nights ago found me a room to stay in again last night (i think she liked me) even though they were booked for the game. I just talked with the guy on the farm im going to help out on, he seems very nice and dont see any problems there. I toured the Guinness factory and had some great tasting beer.

Just about to meet up with some friends i met last night from Minnesota, they are studying in Lithuania, so that is going to be another stop for me on my journey. The cost of living here isnt too bad (especially when a Guinness can act as both a meal and a drink). I usually spent around 40-50 Euro a day which isnt too bad. These capital cities are also more expensive, when i head to eastern europe things should improve.

Last post i had said homesick was minimal, afterwards i got to thinking, im not necessarily homesick, i just am tired of never sleeping in the same bed two nights in a row. (but i do still miss you all)

Cheers

4 comments:

Harry said...

Jeff,

Glad to read that you are meeting many people from diverse backgrounds. That sounds like it is just as much fun as seeing all the historic sights!

A couple I met while riding motorcycles just returned from a week long trip to Ireland and England and they said that the Guiness over there is so much better than the beers we have here but couldn't figure out how to send us a sample. Darn them anyway.

Your pictures sure help me envision what you are experiencing. Looking forward to seeing more when you have a chance.

Take care,
Harry

Anonymous said...

OK - what' up. It's been a few days since we've seen what you are up to. Are you on the farm yet??

Love ya,

Mom

Arikka said...

I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to call it soccer. :) I'm so glad to read that you're getting around without any problems but I really didn't expect anything less from you. Drink a Guiness for me!

Anonymous said...

Hey, if I'm paying all this money for your trip, I expect to be updated twice a day. Where are the updates?

Oh, wait...I'm not paying for the trip. OK..Go ahead and have fun.

Maybe you could offer to send your wonderful parents on a trip sometime.

Don't drink too much beer!

Dad