Thursday, October 9, 2008

just got in to London

beautiful ferry ride, very plush, felt like first class.

train ride was long but met a couple interesting people. A girl named Angel who was very peculiar, absolutely obsessed with Michael Jackson and has devoted her life to him. then a cool chap who is taking his son to the Dr Who exhibit here in london this weekend. OMG, the doctor.... Words fail me. In a hostel with is about $40 a night, which is a lot, cheaper than Paris was though, and much nicer with bigger rooms. bought a tube travel pass for unlimited travel so tommorow is going to be all about exploring, the city at night is wonderful though, all the old buildings are lit up and the whole city bustling with people all dressed up for a night on the town. i need to buy some new clothes, i pretty much only have farmy type stuff and stick out like a sore thumb.

every city i go to just keeps impressing me more, there is so much diverse areas here in the world.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

do me a favor while you are in London, take time to mess with one of the soldiers keeping guard outside the Queen's palace.. you know, the ones that aren't supposed to move or anything! I've always wanted to do that! =) miss you buddy.. as i think of things I wish I could be doing, I will inform you so you can have more ideas of what to explore! Keep having great days!

Ruthie =)

Arikka said...

I got your postcard yesterday and I was so disappointed when I realized I missed your call. Yes! Come drink with me in Eugene! I won't be here for all of December, though, so you may have to plan accordingly. And if you get a chance to call me again, try Sunday- I shouldn't be busy then.

If you find a pub called The Willow Walk, you should try it. We ate there several nights in a row because it was the best deal we could find- a burger and a pint of beer for something like 5 quid.

Anonymous said...

hey Jeff i got your post card and i loved it. Sounds like your having a great time.In school in L.A. we were talking about the chaos theory and i pretty muched rocked it while all the other kids were like "huh" whats that theory?So thanks!

Jon
P.S. i am doing my homework.