Saturday, November 26, 2011

vacation hooray!

So after much debate and persuasion i have managed to capture 3 weeks vacation which starts...... NOW! My co-teacher Hlee has decided to stay an extra three weeks now that her contract is done which will allow me to go to (drum roll) Cambodia. I was thinking of Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam, or somewhere close to those in Southeast Asia. I settled on Cambodia because I have heard great things about the beaches. All I want to do is go somewhere warm and relaxing. The backpacking travel bug I had gotten from Europe has faded (though not gone and I assure you it will come back) and I just want to rest and eat good food and meet some cool people. I booked a one way ticket to Siem Reap and plan to see Angkor Wat and other ruins in the area, then head south to the beaches after a quick stop in Phnom Pehn. This plan is all very tentative and subject to change depending on the cool people I meet. I might go by land over the border and head somewhere else but I dont really know and dont really care at this point. I am just excited to be somewhere new.

I am already sad that I will not get to see my students. Remember I have not had a single break other than a couple long weekends, and the 3 weeks of pain in the hospital and recovering at home. All the while i would go into school just to say hi to my students.



Another fun thing i did this last week just on a random Monday night was to try 보신탕 (boshingtang) also known as dog stew. ^^


I might not post on this blog until after i get back from cambodia but i will keep people up to date about my journey via facebook.

No comments: